TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Random Thought on Order Countdown

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Jonny Custom, Aug 23, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Jonny Custom

Jonny Custom Member

I had a thought that in my head seems really cool.

Our RN numbers have a placeholder as to when our car is built. How tough would it be to put a counter or a place in line that counts down for each car that rolls off the line?

I think it will only hype me up more the more I see the number decrease.

2. deonb

deonb Supporting Member

Easy, but Tesla does not want production numbers to be known until earnings announcement dates - during which they can control the message.

Otherwise it will cause wild speculations and swings in the stock price.

3. Zaphod

Zaphod Galaxy President (former)

Cars are never built in sequential VIN. Also, the RN was assigned at time of reservation, but depending on what said person actually wants to order (long range, standard range, AWD, etc.) I can't imagine any such counter could be created. There just would not be any reliable sequence.

4. S3XY

S3XY Member

Plus the RN numbers aren't sequential

5. deonb

deonb Supporting Member

I think the OP was implying that Tesla themselves create the counter. They can. But they wont.

6. Trips

Trips Member

We could create something for the people that know their ReservationID or it could be added to
    Model3Tracker.info

For Example:
    West Coast - First Production- Reservation ID 401xxx - delivered December 1st
    West Coast - SR PUP - Reservation ID 403xxx - expected delivery December 20th

Midwest - - First Production- Reservation ID 375xxx - expected delivery December 25th

• Like x 1