Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

random yellow triangle warning light...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Even after the car has been in use for a long time the light randomly comes on. Also shows a few yellow lines on the graph. The car is not fully charged when this happens either. And it seems like regen brake is off while at highway speeds but in the city in stop and go the regen seems to work fine. I was able to capture video of it and its going in tuesday. Just wondering if it happened to anyone else.
Thanks

The yellow triangle light briefly comes on when there has been a change to notify you so you don't miss the change. Often in cold weather, the triangle comes on with the dotted lines indicating the regenerative braking is reduced because of the cold. This is in the owner's manual. It can also come on for other reasons, such as the battery being too cold to deliver maximum power, etc.

My regen has been limited after driving in the cold on several occassions. Maybe it is a software feature that has become more sensitive. Tesla is going to allow us an option to enable the use of regular braking by the computer to equalize regen when it is not at 100%. In any event, the yellow triangle is showing that a change is occuring, and what that change is, so you can adjust your driving.

Thanks I know that. This is happening after driving for a long time. Not on initial start. Last night it came on after driving for an hour
The triangle warning light seems to come on whenever the car is adjusting the amount of available regen available. I've observed this happens several times as the battery warms up through driving and the car increases the amount of regen allowed in stages. With an extremely cold battery, I've seen it take over an hour to warn up completely and allow 100% regen.

Don't remove your foot from the accelerator to coast and no one will get ill. You should be able to drive the Tesla so it reacts exactly the same with Regen or without. As others have said, this depends on your driving style, not the car and Regen.
No reason to me why it cant be turned off like it was before. Supposedly some BS reason about a claim to range over 400 miles was a milestone. After 2 years and 12000 miles range is 394.

• Disagree
Reactions: The Long C_0_N

Attachments

• IMG_2285.jpg
    IMG_2285.jpg
    396.8 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_2284.jpg
    IMG_2284.jpg
    343.4 KB · Views: 97
But when this happens I notice that regen feels like it is off when the light is on? Is that normal?
When the triangle and dotted lines appear, it may feel like Regen is off. When the triangle and dotted lines turn solid, Regen is back to normal. I noticed there are more times with dotted lines. I believe they are adjusting the Regen because a new feature is to even out the Regen experience by using some braking using the brakes when Regen is limited.

No reason to me why it cant be turned off like it was before. Supposedly some BS reason about a claim to range over 400 miles was a milestone. After 2 years and 12000 miles range is 394.
I am speculating here but I believe it is related to attaining max EPA range. This is the same as ICE cars having the automatic engine shut-off feature in order to boost city EPA rating. Yes, they (usually) let you disable it but it comes back every drive.

OPD is one of the best features of an EV. Spend a little time just modulating your foot instead of jumping on and off. EVs are much more responsive than ICEs and so reward smooth accelerator control.

Reactions: Rocky_H