Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Randomized Referral!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have you considered keeping track of the number of times a given referral is copied and doing some kind of weighted randomization? Nothing is truly random on a computer; however, you can weight the ones people haven't copied yet heavier so they are more likely to be displayed. Gives a statistical advantage to new links over ones people have copied numerous times.

It sounds like limited web experience... but this would require some JS front-end to let you know when a user copies the provided random link. Likely some callback methods as well. And some way to keep track of the links, number of times they are copied, etc... this would be the data needed to do a random weighted selection.

Have you considered keeping track of the number of times a given referral is copied and doing some kind of weighted randomization? Nothing is truly random on a computer; however, you can weight the ones people haven't copied yet heavier so they are more likely to be displayed. Gives a statistical advantage to new links over ones people have copied numerous times.

It sounds like limited web experience... but this would require some JS front-end to let you know when a user copies the provided random link. Likely some callback methods as well. And some way to keep track of the links, number of times they are copied, etc... this would be the data needed to do a random weighted selection.

Appreciate the input, but I don't have the web skills to do that, I just copied and pasted code to create this

Hey,

thank's for the website.

I used a shortened link (Referral | Tesla) is that okay ? It's to track how many clicks I get. If not ok I will repost it using my original link.

I made the referral system to only accept the ts.la domain as I was getting lots of spam links that I had to manually delete. Any way to let these Google short links work and prevent spam at the same time? Thanks