Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Randomly looked at Delivery Estimator and I can configure!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I have been checking this once every coupe weeks since it said Feb-April of 18, tonight I was surprised to see I can configure the car and take delivery in 4 weeks!!!! WOWZERS!!!! Beyond excited.

So I am thinking to get the nicer wheels, debating autopilot but I do like it, so I cant seem to make a decision because I have two reservations and taking one now to drive asap and see how I like the car, and taking the other late in the year in hopes of a faster car ie performance mode. Then I would just sell this and keep that.

I would imagine with the long wait I should be able to get most of my money back?

Can you pay full balance of car on CC? any restrictions?

So I have been checking this once every coupe weeks since it said Feb-April of 18, tonight I was surprised to see I can configure the car and take delivery in 4 weeks!!!! WOWZERS!!!! Beyond excited.

So I am thinking to get the nicer wheels, debating autopilot but I do like it, so I cant seem to make a decision because I have two reservations and taking one now to drive asap and see how I like the car, and taking the other late in the year in hopes of a faster car ie performance mode. Then I would just sell this and keep that.

I would imagine with the long wait I should be able to get most of my money back?

Same here. I just checked and I can configure now. The question is whether I should wait as I don't really need long range, and may not want Premium Package. I would most likely get the base version. However, I am worry if I will lose the $7,500 federal tax credit until the entry level Model 3 (without upgrades) is ready

PS: I ordered the Model 3 on April 1, 2016 and I bought a Model X 75D in June 2017.

So when I reserved I was an owner and recently sold the S like 4 months back, so not sure if the system still counts as owner, I was kinda curious about this and never got an answer, can anyone chime in?
I have seen posts here suggesting former ownership may be enough to get priority -- or you got lucky. It kind of makes sense you would still get priority as you did buy a car before so your support of Tesla is the same as mine, a current owner.

I did the same. I was able to configure last week. Let’s see when I will get it. I sold my MX-5, so the wife and I are a one car family for the next few weeks. I just hope it doesn’t get delayed.

John

From the spreadsheet it appears CA/west coast owners who reserved in 2017 just this Wednesday started getting invites. From what was posted to the spreadsheet looks to be Nov-Jan people although not everyone in this group indicated their window. We have a Dec-Feb timeframe so alerted my husband to keep checking daily now that CA is back in the mix. Problem is I'm not sure if I want to wait for AWD and "the unknown" and if so looking at Aug-Oct.

Based on the estimate I have, having reserved so late, I'd say that Tesla seems to have a good grasp of the actual timeframe.

Where in Orange County did you find a Model 3? I checked with the Fashion Island store and they said they would not have a display model until sometime next month.

You should join the Tesla Owners Club of Orange County on Meetup. Several Model 3 owners in the club that may be generous enough to let you sit in, sometimes ride, and perhaps even drive their cars! I believe that I heard at the club meeting that Fashion Island does have one now but with long lines to sit in the car for one minute. The club members are a much better option and they will answer real world questions for you.