Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Range Anxiety.....Gas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Link didn't work for me.

The last time I rented an ICE I ended up having range anxiety myself. The fool thing had really lousy fuel economy and a small gas tank. I was driving in the middle of nowhere and I discovered that the only gas station for miles had gone out of business! Took a long time to find another station, and by then I was on fumes.

Ironically in 3-1/2 years of driving a Tesla I've never before had range anxiety.

Link didn't work for me.

The last time I rented an ICE I ended up having range anxiety myself. The fool thing had really lousy fuel economy and a small gas tank. I was driving in the middle of nowhere and I discovered that the only gas station for miles had gone out of business! Took a long time to find another station, and by then I was on fumes.

Ironically in 3-1/2 years of driving a Tesla I've never before had range anxiety.

Same here. In a gas car I always tend to run it till the end and then worry about running out. Never had that problem with the Model S.

You mean THIS kind of "range anxiety" on a dark highway in the middle of the night?
range anxiety.jpg

Luckily my trucklet comes equipped with its own "range extenders"...
range extender.jpg

Would much rather pump it full of electrons and supercharge it!

This is the issue I raise whenever somebody tries to feed me the "...but gas is so convenient! You can fill up anywhere!" BS.

Maybe there's a gas station on every corner in the USA, but that definitely isn't the case here!

Last edited:
This is issue I raise when somebody tries to feed me the "but gas is so convenient! You can fill up anywhere!" BS.

Maybe there's a gas station on every corner in the USA, but that definitely isn't the case here!

LOL I was in upstate New York at the time. I took a gas car because I figured I couldn't manage it in the Model S.

Fortunately new charging stations have appeared, so it looks like I'll be able to make the trip in my Model S this spring.