Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Range Anxiety" Mitigation Program (RAMP)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
More power to you, ElSupreme! 60 kWh is indeed the sweet spot in so many ways, tangible or otherwise. I'm hacking away too at all those pesky recurring monthly expenses that I get so little out of.

I agree. Even if doing a one time deferment in order to allow time to save for the 60 kWh pack makes it possible, you'll probably be happier with it. We'll see what the Supercharger announcement holds and if it truly is extensive and near Atlanta then that might be reason enough to upgrade.

The real problem is convincing my wife we don't need DirecTV. Before we started living together I got all my TV over the AIR! HDTV broadcast is really nice. And I generally only watch movies on HBO, and for $7 a month I can watch all the Netflix I desire.

I already got rid of the dish and went the $7/month route. Didn't even get put in the dog house :)

So I would like some feedback here. We have these EVGo stations in Texas (evgonetwork.com), and I have one that is on the way to my sister's house. It is (door to door) 250 miles. I would be driving an average of 65 mph (with some stints of I45 being 75mph). Will I have the range to make it, assuming that the vehicle is fully charged when I leave my house? The EVGO has a 480v DC rapid charger - anyway, simply wondering ...

So I would like some feedback here. We have these EVGo stations in Texas (evgonetwork.com), and I have one that is on the way to my sister's house. It is (door to door) 250 miles. I would be driving an average of 65 mph (with some stints of I45 being 75mph). Will I have the range to make it, assuming that the vehicle is fully charged when I leave my house? The EVGO has a 480v DC rapid charger - anyway, simply wondering ...

At 75mph, the 85kWh pack won't go 250 miles when new, and as the pack degradates, it only gets worse.

EVgo uses J1772 at 30 amps max (with 208v or 240v), which will charge about 15-22 miles per charging hour with available adapter.. The DC rapid charger is "Chademo", and not currently compatible at all with Tesla.