Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

range boost for model Y likely?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does Model 3 LR have only about 73kWh usable in the battery? I’ve seen a lot of YouTube guys reported through different methods (some estimate, some use apps, some literally drive it till zero miles) that the Model Y seems to only have about 73kWh out of its 75kWh pack. Maybe Tesla is holding a little back for whatever reason? That would basically be the only way I could see them giving a range boost. If they could open up another 2kWh that would be good for at least six more miles and maybe closer to seven. Otherwise they would need to find efficiency gains in how they control the electric motors or more little things like closing passenger vents when someone isn’t sitting there. Can’t imagine they could find more than a couple miles from that though...

Does Model 3 LR have only about 73kWh usable in the battery? I’ve seen a lot of YouTube guys reported through different methods (some estimate, some use apps, some literally drive it till zero miles) that the Model Y seems to only have about 73kWh out of its 75kWh pack. Maybe Tesla is holding a little back for whatever reason? That would basically be the only way I could see them giving a range boost. If they could open up another 2kWh that would be good for at least six more miles and maybe closer to seven. Otherwise they would need to find efficiency gains in how they control the electric motors or more little things like closing passenger vents when someone isn’t sitting there. Can’t imagine they could find more than a couple miles from that though...

Sticker in the frunk says 74kWh, but that may be the physical size. Interesting though because I think model 3 has 75