Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Range Decrease since version 2019.40.50

Has this update decreased your range after a 90% charge?

• Decreased

• Stayed the same

• Increased...?

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Those that saw a loss in range - this is most likely due to the update now taking tire size in account for range estimations. Check the tire size in your settings. If you change the tire size you can see the range get modified right after.

this isn’t a “range loss”. It is more accurately estimated info your range. 20” tires take more energy to move, so the wh/mile is a bit higher which causes less range.
Here's the thing though. Performance model only comes with one size wheel. So it shouldn't have changed at all unless one actually changes the size. All of it is already factored in when they list the range on the website for those particular wheels.

• Funny
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
Here's the thing though. Performance model only comes with one size wheel. So it shouldn't have changed at all unless one actually changes the size. All of it is already factored in when they list the range on the website for those particular wheels.

not sure if this is entirely correct. P3D does only come with 20” wheels, however prior to this update I believe ALL models had their estimated range coefficient modifies to better account for wheel sizes.
You also have P3D- variants. For me this change increased my estimated range because it changed me to the new 18 Aero wheel coefficient.