Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Range drops quickly, high wh/mi

benjijk

Oct 29, 2019
Los Angeles, CA
I know this has been stated many times that aggressive driving drops range and stuff. I am an aggressive driver, and then there's times when I drive conservatively. But I know when there is a difference in range. I've put over 10,000 miles on our SR+ M3. Initially, my average with regular, (non aggressive) city driving would range between 180 to 215wh/mi. I never see those numbers anymore. Avg numbers now are between 280 to 350wh/mi.

What changed? On a full charge I now get about 100-120 miles of range. The car is using up twice as much power as it did when we first bought it. Anyone else here experiencing the same? I set A/C to manual, 2 to 4, with air circulating. No heater, no seat warmers.

toolman335

Oct 3, 2019
Rochester
I have noticed that over the past week my LR M3 has been operating a lot less efficiently too. I've gone from low 200s to high 200s in the same outdoor climate using the same climate controls.

benjijk

Oct 29, 2019
Los Angeles, CA
So I figured it out. If this helps anyone else. There have been 3 software updates since I purchased the car. Yesterday I thought what the heck, let's do a factory reset. It did the trick!! I'm back to normal performance. Today I was back to averaging around 230-240wh/mi with heavy load and doing about 65-70mph on the freeway.

Not in my car at the moment, but the factory reset can be found under 'software' if I'm not mistaken.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC