Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Range drops quickly, high wh/mi

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know this has been stated many times that aggressive driving drops range and stuff. I am an aggressive driver, and then there's times when I drive conservatively. But I know when there is a difference in range. I've put over 10,000 miles on our SR+ M3. Initially, my average with regular, (non aggressive) city driving would range between 180 to 215wh/mi. I never see those numbers anymore. Avg numbers now are between 280 to 350wh/mi.

What changed? On a full charge I now get about 100-120 miles of range. The car is using up twice as much power as it did when we first bought it. Anyone else here experiencing the same? I set A/C to manual, 2 to 4, with air circulating. No heater, no seat warmers.

So I figured it out. If this helps anyone else. There have been 3 software updates since I purchased the car. Yesterday I thought what the heck, let's do a factory reset. It did the trick!! I'm back to normal performance. Today I was back to averaging around 230-240wh/mi with heavy load and doing about 65-70mph on the freeway.

Not in my car at the moment, but the factory reset can be found under 'software' if I'm not mistaken.