Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Range estimate improvements with 2022.16.1.1?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I drive two cars and two different software versions. The 2016 MS 90D is always conservative (2021.44.6). If and initial calculation shows I will arrive with 8% I generally manage 11-12% (75mph and I plan ahead to pass traffic without slowing down to maintain as constant a speed as possible). The 2021 MYLR (2022.12.3.20) cannot be counted on to make its original range estimate. If it says 12% I will probably end up with 8%.
IMHO range anxiety is overrated. We all dealt with it in 2016 (and before) with far fewer charging spots. Today seems like a cake walk. But then I have nearly 200,000 mile in the cars. Something as simple as speed control can really help the long range experience .

I drive two cars and two different software versions. The 2016 MS 90D is always conservative (2021.44.6). If and initial calculation shows I will arrive with 8% I generally manage 11-12% (75mph and I plan ahead to pass traffic without slowing down to maintain as constant a speed as possible). The 2021 MYLR (2022.12.3.20) cannot be counted on to make its original range estimate. If it says 12% I will probably end up with 8%.
IMHO range anxiety is overrated. We all dealt with it in 2016 (and before) with far fewer charging spots. Today seems like a cake walk. But then I have nearly 200,000 mile in the cars. Something as simple as speed control can really help the long range experience .
Yep, it is those inaccuracies that prompted my original question, I'd like to be able to trust my car as much as I trust ABRP. I have a 75 battery so not as blase about the range as many others.

Reactions: DerbyDave