Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Range estimation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Screenshot_2016-09-05-01-00-20.png

My 90D showing a range of 291 miles at 90% charge. Either I got a secret 100kw upgrade or the car is a bit overconfident about itself.

On another note, our family traveled from San Diego to Los Angeles today in an ideal condition. The car consumed about 345 watts per mile for total of 45 Kw (much better than my normal consumption of 375w/mile). However, 45 kw also comprised 60% of the capacity per car display (going from 90% to 30%). This means that my X 90D battery capacity would be about 75kw according to the calculations made by the car itself. Since the car only calculates estimations, I do not know what to make of these numbers, but needless to say it makes planning for longer trips a little more nerve-racking.

You have the settings on "Ideal Range" which is if you drove at 55mph on a flat road with no wind. Switch the settings to "rated range" and it will show the numbers that are advertised.

The rated wh/mi seems to be about 340 in the Model X, so that's a good way to estimate how close you will get to the displayed Rated Range.

You have the settings on "Ideal Range" which is if you drove at 55mph on a flat road with no wind. Switch the settings to "rated range" and it will show the numbers that are advertised.

The rated wh/mi seems to be about 340 in the Model X, so that's a good way to estimate how close you will get to the displayed Rated Range.
That is good to know!! It was on rated range before and would show about 227 miles at 90% charge, but setting must have been changed somehow. Thanks!!