Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Range increase after latest SW update?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was just wondering if anyone else notice a difference in range after the last update 2020.20.12, I've had 3 upgrades thus far in the last couple of weeks and nothing in the notes. Yes I know about winter vs summer range loss, but I'm well pass that being June. My 100% charge was 292, I just contributed that to first year battery degradation 3%-5% loss. So today max range is 302 and I ain't mad for sure. Just seeing if anyone else notice. Now all this to say I could be delusional due to not going out and interacting with the human race. Thanks

• Funny
Reactions: KenC
I wish. My SR+ has not once shown the advertised Tesla range or even close to it whether charges to 100 or going by percentage at lower soc. It’s like it was delivered missing 15 miles. My LR was fine. Never did this and displayed the advertised range all the time.

Was just wondering if anyone else notice a difference in range after the last update 2020.20.12, I've had 3 upgrades thus far in the last couple of weeks and nothing in the notes. Yes I know about winter vs summer range loss, but I'm well pass that being June. My 100% charge was 292, I just contributed that to first year battery degradation 3%-5% loss. So today max range is 302 and I ain't mad for sure. Just seeing if anyone else notice. Now all this to say I could be delusional due to not going out and interacting with the human race. Thanks

Mine fluctuates like that too, but it doesn't correlate to firmware updates. For example, this week, my max range has moved from 298 to 303. I've seen it as high as 324. Most commonly though it's just shy of 310, my original rated range.

Firmware updates, hard reboots, powerdowns, service mode downtime and extended unplugs with SoC above say 80% (in fact especially this last one)
coupled with driving pattern last few days and ambient conditions - can all trigger estimated range adjustments for any given SoC.

So its very likely that your battery pack a. rebalanced b. the formula the car uses to calc estimated range (which is a very rough approximation and prone to fluctuation) came up with a more optimistic result. Why? Could be many reasons, none of which actually signify physical range increase.

I wish. My SR+ has not once shown the advertised Tesla range or even close to it whether charges to 100 or going by percentage at lower soc. It’s like it was delivered missing 15 miles. My LR was fine. Never did this and displayed the advertised range all the time.

I’m also unlucky with my SR+, charging only to 219 rated miles at 100% capacity after 1 year ownership and 12k milleage.