Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Range increase for LR AWD with 2020.4.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys.

mu LR AWD, deliverers on dec19 2019, always have a rated range (move to 100%charge in the app to see) of 499-504km (299.4-302 miles)

After 2020.4.1, my range jumped to 518km. And after a short drive. Dropped back down to 508-513.

I know it’s just a calculated number. but just wondering if anyone else sees the same

Hey guys.

mu LR AWD, deliverers on dec19 2019, always have a rated range (move to 100%charge in the app to see) of 499-504km (299.4-302 miles)

After 2020.4.1, my range jumped to 518km. And after a short drive. Dropped back down to 508-513.

I know it’s just a calculated number. but just wondering if anyone else sees the same

There are a few threads about this. Normal, just updating the constant to match the EPA rating.

Here is one thread.
Range increase (split from Master Thread: 2019.40.2)

Just glad that Tesla finally updates the codes for it. It just didn’t feel right that I paid the 1k more for more range but the car doesn’t show it.

It doesn’t really matter what it displays. Energy and efficiency are all that matter - the number really does not matter. Change your wheel config to 20” with no actual wheel change and you will max out at 480km (probably - not sure for AWD -definitely for 3P). Makes no difference.

It doesn’t really matter what it displays. Energy and efficiency are all that matter - the number really does not matter. Change your wheel config to 20” with no actual wheel change and you will max out at 480km (probably - not sure for AWD -definitely for 3P). Makes no difference.

I know. I’m an engineer so I understand what’s presented to consumer doesn’t always match realities. I know it’s just a variable in the c code, as mentioned in my original post, and it’s so easy to just change things like that.
But Psychologically, it does make a difference. It’s a feel good factor, heh heh, more on the marketing side.

Reactions: AlanSubie4Life