Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Range increase on 2020.24.6.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did anyone else notice a range increase with the latest software update?

My range on my LR AWD went up to 324. Is there any reason for the update, or did Tesla decide to just update some of the constants?

And i just thought it was me!

i briefly saw 326 range on my M3P when i first charged after 2020.20.12 whilst my charging rate dropped to 16amps! It then reverted to 310... (Stats App 100pct range).

Bugs, showing the entire battery as range when its meant to reserve some, managed to improve efficiency of software / motors, or just a ghost in the machine??

• Helpful
Reactions: Arctic_White
nope.. my range dropped 3 mi
And i just thought it was me!

i briefly saw 326 range on my M3P when i first charged after 2020.20.12 whilst my charging rate dropped to 16amps! It then reverted to 310... (Stats App 100pct range).

Bugs, showing the entire battery as range when its meant to reserve some, managed to improve efficiency of software / motors, or just a ghost in the machine??
That's true, I didn't consider that it could be unlocking more of the hidden topline buffer. This sounds like a topic for @AlanSubie4Life (even though you've probably explained this to people like me a thousand times already :D)!

Sorry to hijack this thread but I’m not cool enough yet to make my own thread as this question sounds stupid.

But along the same lines as OP. I haves P3D stealth. Does anyone else think this same update increased performance? It feels more than a bit more responsive since this update.

• Love
Reactions: Henrykaed
Sorry to hijack this thread but I’m not cool enough yet to make my own thread as this question sounds stupid.

But along the same lines as OP. I haves P3D stealth. Does anyone else think this same update increased performance? It feels more than a bit more responsive since this update.

Butt dynos are notoriously unreliable.

Tesla is pretty vocal when they add performance via an update (as would be the various youtubers and forum members with draggys and vboxes)

Mine went up two miles (268 @90%) after being stable at 266 for about a year. I don't know if it was the update or the fact that I went to the lowest charge I've ever had that same day - down to ~30% while normally I never go below 50.