Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Range increase on 2020.24.6.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry to hijack this thread but I’m not cool enough yet to make my own thread as this question sounds stupid.

But along the same lines as OP. I haves P3D stealth. Does anyone else think this same update increased performance? It feels more than a bit more responsive since this update.

It's funny you would mention this, yesterday I installed the update. I'm doing my normal driving and got the battery down to about 20% on the way home, and on the interstate it was without question accelerating faster at that lower power level than it did previously. It was significant enough that I know for 100% certain that it was the case. I don't know if it's faster on the bottom end because it was about midnight when I got in and my battery was already low. I'll log a couple of launches today and see if anything changed on the bottom end.

Add to my post above - peak power is identical according to SMT on a 0-60. I'll graph out a highway run sometime this weekend and see if the power stays in longer than previously; maybe something just changed that allows it to pull more power where it previously did not on the mid-top end.