Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Range Increase & Performance Increase

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone,

I'm wondering if anyone thinks that in the future (Within a year or so) we will see a range increase and or a performance increase. I got my MY about 2 months ago and love it. After doing research i found that the MY's got two 5% increases in power not too long ago. I've also heard that newer 2021 MY have a larger battery pack thus Potentially unlocking more range or power later?(Although not confirmed) I know all of this is just speculation at this point but any long time Tesla owners have any thoughts? Thanks

-Kaz

According to Scan My Tesla, my LR has an 82kwh battery. I've heard a few other reports as well. I doubt that my experience is "solid proof", but it's something at least.
I would believe a scanmytesla since its connected to car, i do NOT trust some math computation based off a trip computer, that isnt accurate in the first place

Reactions: Langzaiguy
According to Scan My Tesla, my LR has an 82kwh battery. I've heard a few other reports as well. I doubt that my experience is "solid proof", but it's something at least.
What is the first 3 of your VIN if you don't mind me asking? And im guessing if i have a later VIN then yours the i can assume i also have a 82kwh battery as well? If they have these larger packs why not update the range or increase the power, or even say that they are larger for that matter?

What is the first 3 of your VIN if you don't mind me asking? And im guessing if i have a later VIN then yours the i can assume i also have a 82kwh battery as well? If they have these larger packs why not update the range or increase the power, or even say that they are larger for that matter?
146,XXX, although I know of some 15X,XXX VINs that don't have it. I have a 7 seater if that matters.

That's what I can't figure out--I don't know if it will always be software locked, or if we'll get an update someday. If it remains locked, then maybe my battery degradation will be less pronounced? Haven't figured that part out yet.

146,XXX, although I know of some 15X,XXX VINs that don't have it. I have a 7 seater if that matters.

That's what I can't figure out--I don't know if it will always be software locked, or if we'll get an update someday. If it remains locked, then maybe my battery degradation will be less pronounced? Haven't figured that part out yet.
Whats your build date?

My VIN is 42,xxx with Sep '20 build date, and it came with 82 kWh battery (MY Performance).

I have VIN 157XXX... lol so who knows how are you figuring out if you have an 82kwh battery? speaking of battery degradation.. If i log into my Tesla app and "charge" to full it shows 326 with a full charge and i have 2,500 miles on the dash... what are you at? so i would assume i have zero degradation?

I have VIN 157XXX... lol so who knows how are you figuring out if you have an 82kwh battery? speaking of battery degradation.. If i log into my Tesla app and "charge" to full it shows 326 with a full charge and i have 2,500 miles on the dash... what are you at? so i would assume i have zero degradation?
I believe that's correct. 100% battery capacity = 100% range (326).

I show a range of 326 as well. Scan My Tesla says that the pack is 82kwh with 79kwh usable. My mileage/energy calculations seem to indicate 78kwh or so.