Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Range increase while parked?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After charging to 90% last night, and today driving about 160 miles, I made a stop about 8 miles from home with rated range indicating 77 miles.
I sat in the car listening to the radio maybe 15 minutes, range indicated 76 miles.
I finished my last errand after about an hour and started driving again. After about .5 mile, at a stop light I happened to notice 80 miles range.

I rarely get much below 50% SOC.
Has anybody else seen this... uhm... is there an antonym for "vampire drain?"

After charging to 90% last night, and today driving about 160 miles, I made a stop about 8 miles from home with rated range indicating 77 miles.
I sat in the car listening to the radio maybe 15 minutes, range indicated 76 miles.
I finished my last errand after about an hour and started driving again. After about .5 mile, at a stop light I happened to notice 80 miles range.

I rarely get much below 50% SOC.
Has anybody else seen this... uhm... is there an antonym for "vampire drain?"

Did you notice a substantial change in the outside air temp?

Gain after parking happens to me sometimes. My take on why is that the only time the SOC is actually measured is on start up. The rest of the time it's estimated by calculation, so when starting the next time it may be higher or lower than the calculated number.