Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Range increase with 80% charge

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Dilly

Feb 24, 2020
Norfolk
Unusual increase in range occurred yesterday.
I always charge to 80%. It’s winter not summer.
my range at 80% in summer is 235 miles, in winter 232 miles. It doesn’t vary outside that
Yesterday range was 240 miles on completion. That’s never happened before.
it was a straightforward overnight charge.
Not sure if that’s something that 44.25.3 has brought or just a one-off anomaly.
Anyone else found a range increase?

Reactions: slartyb
Estimated range is calculated by software and rarely accurate, it’s pretty meaningless because it can never account for exactly what’s going to happen on a journey. I wouldn’t read anything in to it.
That is of course true. The range estimates in the five years I driven EV’s are never wholly accurate.

However, I’ve been charging my Model 3 for getting on for 3 years. It always charges between 232 and 235 miles at 80%
It has never ever charged to 240 miles at 80% before
whether I get that range is irrelevant to my post
I simply wondered if within the software update there was something changed and others had noticed, or whether it was a one-off peculiar to my car.

M3LR charged to 80% and shows 256. We did do around an hour on A roads followed later by an hour on motorway last night before plugging in. Couldn’t tell you want previous software versions reported at 80% as I use % indicator. V2022.44.25.3

This mine

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221230_212040.jpg
    Screenshot_20221230_212040.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 91