Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Range increasing after charging stops!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For the last few software updates, I am now on 2019.36.2.1 with autopilot hardware 2.0, my range increases after changing stops. Usually just a few miles but this am almost 14 in the 48 minutes from when the charging stopped and I drove the car away. I can tell this by the data that Teslafi records. After an hour or so the range will again start to decrease due to parasitic load.

Has anyone else experienced this?

For the last few software updates, I am now on 2019.36.2.1 with autopilot hardware 2.0, my range increases after changing stops. Usually just a few miles but this am almost 14 in the 48 minutes from when the charging stopped and I drove the car away. I can tell this by the data that Teslafi records. After an hour or so the range will again start to decrease due to parasitic load.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Yes. I watched the app sitting on 239, where charging stopped, jump to 244 and then 247 in real time.

I started this thread a year and a half ago. My car is still gaining range after finishing charging. IE this am after about 100 miles gained by charging to get to 90% charging stopped at 248 miles, a couple of hours later it indicates 257 before it slowing starts dropping. If anything the magnitude of the gain has increased in the last year.