Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Range keeps dropping at 90% charge [range at 90% less than before]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Okay this may be dumb but when I got my 2021 M3 SR+ (used) around October 19th. I charged it to 90% and it showed as 219 miles of range. (temperature was around 85 degrees)
Now on November 26th (55 degrees) my 90% charge is showing 209 range. Is that Normal?

Okay this may be dumb but when I got my 2021 M3 SR+ (used) around October 19th. I charged it to 90% and it showed as 219 miles of range. (temperature was around 85 degrees)
Now on November 26th (55 degrees) my 90% charge is showing 209 range. Is that Normal?
Yes. Lower temperature yields a lower range.

Is your SR+ Lithium Iron Phosphate? If so, the owner's manual says:

"If your vehicle is equipped with an LFP Battery, Tesla recommends that you keep your charge limit set to 100%, even for daily use, and that you also fully charge to 100% at least once per week. If Model 3 has been parked for longer than a week, Tesla recommends driving as you normally would and charge to 100% at your earliest convenience."

Battery starts to lose its range as soon as it is born. That's why Tesla guarantees 70% capacity. You can worry all you can't but the warranty won't kick in until it's less than 70% capacity.

I have a 2022 M3 LR. Purchased new this March. When new, it was showing around 520-522 kms at 90% SOC. Since then, it's settled in to around 494-496 kms at 90% SOC. I have around 24k kms on it now. Not sure if this is normal either.

Sadly my SR+ isn't LFP. That's why I only charge it to 90%. Now thinking about charging to only 80% from all the internet searches I've been doing lately lol. I'm new to this whole EV stuff
I don't go past 60% SOC unless there's a reason to. That said, ignore the range estimate its just an estimate based on a variety of factors. It's meaningless in other words, use % instead.