Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Range Loss Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery of my Model LR Y w 20's 13 days ago. Turned on Teslafi a couple days after I got it and 315.04 range reported (close to rated 316). Now, about 10 days later (odometer at under 350 miles), Teslafi reports 311.72 range, a loss of over 1% even after i did a 20% to 95% charge to "balance and calibrate" the battery a few days ago. And I am on the bottom of the Teslafi "fleet" results showing other Model Y cars. Surely i didn't already lose 1% range, did I? I could do another drain to 10-20% and then charge to 90%-95% but don't want to run these deep cycles too often, right? If this doesn't get better and perhaps slips further, maybe ask Tesla to run a battery check? Thoughts, anyone (besides "just relax" LOL).

Took delivery of my Model LR Y w 20's 13 days ago. Turned on Teslafi a couple days after I got it and 315.04 range reported (close to rated 316). Now, about 10 days later (odometer at under 350 miles), Teslafi reports 311.72 range, a loss of over 1% even after i did a 20% to 95% charge to "balance and calibrate" the battery a few days ago. And I am on the bottom of the Teslafi "fleet" results showing other Model Y cars. Surely i didn't already lose 1% range, did I? I could do another drain to 10-20% and then charge to 90%-95% but don't want to run these deep cycles too often, right? If this doesn't get better and perhaps slips further, maybe ask Tesla to run a battery check? Thoughts, anyone (besides "just relax" LOL).
You can drive yourself crazy trying to overthink this. There have literally been thousands of posts regarding range with a wide variety of opinions and results. Just charge it to 80% and don't worry about it so much.
At least your in California so at least you won't have to be concerned about how cold weather affects range. That drives people crazy. That assumes you don't go skiing or live in the colder parts of California.

Reactions: rxlawdude