TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Range Loss

Discussion in 'Model X: Battery & Charging' started by MattXowner, Feb 22, 2017.

1. MattXowner

MattXowner Member

had my MX since June. At first 100% charge got me 257 miles as advertised. 90% was 232.

Now, only after 8 months of ownership, my 90% only gets me 220 miles of range. Local shop says it's normal, but MS owners I know have only lost 3-5 miles of range over the past 2 years of ownership.

My wh/mile since owner ship is 360. Slightly less than rated.

What's your experience? Still getting the same range? Have you noticed a drop?

Thanks!

2. balefire

balefire Member

You need to fully cycle your battery a few times to truly assess your max range. I bet your range will improve with that.

3. MattXowner

MattXowner Member

Thanks. What does that mean? Drain to 0? How do you fully cycle?

Thanks!!

Matt

4. nagypite

nagypite Member

5. fsch

fsch Member

You lost 5%. On average, the battery looses 5% during the first 30000 miles, and then it's much slower. But there is a large variance. See this
    MaxRange Tesla Battery Survey

6. TexasEV

TexasEV Well-Known Member

No, the car is reporting 5% less range. That doesn't mean it has actually lost 5% of range.

• Helpful x 1
  7. hill

hill Member

not only that, but it could simply be colder temperatures. Just like a gas car, you have less range in cold Temps. Also if you let it sit more between drives - there will be parasitic losses that happen, as well as a few additional variables.