TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Range mode is "sticky"

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by ggr, Dec 1, 2012.

1. ggr

ggr Roadster R80 537, SigS P85 29

Yesterday I charged in Range mode, drove around, came home, and plugged it in. I assumed that, like the Roadster, it would reset to standard mode. But it didn't! It charged again in range mode. I'm pretty sure the only other time I charged in range mode, it did reset itself. The only thing I think I did differently this time was that while I was still in the car, I popped both the trunk and the charge port door. When I just went to turn off range mode, there was a pop-up warning me about too much use of range mode, and did I want to switch back to standard, but this was *after* it was done charging!

Weird corner conditions in the software, I guess.

2. Lloyd

Lloyd Active Member

The Rav4 EV does this also. I think it is a mistake!!

3. Charged_Up

Charged_Up Member

funny, I just discovered this error today as well - range charged yesterday in Model S, came back and plugged it in assuming it would revert to standard, but it didn't. Should be an easy fix.

4. Cottonwood

Cottonwood Roadster#433, Model S#S37

Yes, range mode in the R resets automatically, and in the S, it is sticky. I agree, I prefer the auto reset method in the R.

5. cinergi

cinergi Active Member

Yes, it's sticky. I did ask ownership about that... but in the meantime, I noticed if you do it ~3+ times in a row, you'll get a message on the screen reminding you you're in range mode and asks if you want to shut it off.