Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Range of 2020 Model Y Stealth Performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2020 Stealth Performance Model Y (18XXX) and for a long time now my max range has CLEARLY been 280 miles despite the range being advertised at the time as 315 miles (assuming 100% charge, EPA estimate)

Is anyone aware of Tesla using software to limit the range of these cars? I know they are QUITE rare, so I don't know how many people have this issue. I've opened tickets with tesla but they always tell me its in spec, which is obviously bullshit. I can look in TezLab and clearly see that the range dropped from 305 so estimated to today's 276 miles.

I’ve yet to see a Tesla ever meet it’s EPA range in real world driving. If you look at any of the tests done by magazines or review sites I think the closest any Tesla ever gets to their EPA range rating is -5 or 10 miles. All the other manufacturers are pretty conservative (the new Mercedes beat their EPA range by like 70miles), Tesla is pretty optimistic

I'm not positive on this, but I think the range displayed is based on recent driving. I noticed that when I drive to LA from the Bay Area (7 hours), the displayed range goes up (I've never fully charged it). Taking short trips around town all week makes it go down. Same thing with my ICE car.

I'm not positive on this, but I think the range displayed is based on recent driving.
We are positive on this. It isn't. Tesla is the only auto maker that does not use that Guess-O-Meter (TM) method for their electric cars. (Or at least that was the way for many years. I am not sure of some of the very new models from other auto makers coming out now if they are going to go away from the G.O.M. method.)

We are positive on this. It isn't. Tesla is the only auto maker that does not use that Guess-O-Meter (TM) method for their electric cars. (Or at least that was the way for many years. I am not sure of some of the very new models from other auto makers coming out now if they are going to go away from the G.O.M. method.)
Regarding the GOM, according to the release notes for version 2021.40.6 "Your vehicle's range estimation has been modified to better represent real-world conditions."