Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Range of M3awd dual with 2019.36.2.1 at 12,000 miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I saw that tesla is now showing a range of 322 miles on their website so I thought that I would fully charge to see what my range is. Tonight it stopped at 304 miles, bummer, lol. I was hoping the new upgrade would add mileage along with power. I drive at a max normally of 70, I am not one to gun it, I normally charge to 240 miles and the temperature outside is 68 °. When I originally bought the car I tested it out at 310.
I do not know if anyone as tried to see if the new upgrade has given them more range. If so please let me know. Right now I figure a 2% degradation, hopefully it is not a 6% degradation. 322-304 or 18 miles.

Tested mine (same model, April 2019) and get 307, same as before the upgrade. Release notes did say more power but did not mention more range, alas.
I saw that tesla is now showing a range of 322 miles on their website so I thought that I would fully charge to see what my range is. Tonight it stopped at 304 miles, bummer, lol. I was hoping the new upgrade would add mileage along with power. I drive at a max normally of 70, I am not one to gun it, I normally charge to 240 miles and the temperature outside is 68 °. When I originally bought the car I tested it out at 310.
I do not know if anyone as tried to see if the new upgrade has given them more range. If so please let me know. Right now I figure a 2% degradation, hopefully it is not a 6% degradation. 322-304 or 18 miles.

180 miles @ 58% this morning, so 310miles. Stats shows 59%, so 305miles, but it doesn’t seem to update the SOC accurately.
B4202E74-29E8-432F-BF64-9F39A075ABCD.jpeg

I'm wondering if the problem is with the Stats App or is it like this with other apps as well? Is there any information from people using Teslafi? Or other apps? Do we know if there was an equation change? I cannot see the range drop being related to the battery when the range took a nose dive right after the Tesla software update.

LR RWD here and my range hasn't increased either from when I got it. Technically this should have been 331 miles, not 325. And thats before the efficiency gains Tesla supposedly made. If that change came out along with the 5% boost in power, I suspect there is no actual improvement, because my car isn't driving with less Wh.

7CJHjVm.png

Reactions: hcdavis3 and KenC
LR RWD here and my range hasn't increased either from when I got it. Technically this should have been 331 miles, not 325. And thats before the efficiency gains Tesla supposedly made. If that change came out along with the 5% boost in power, I suspect there is no actual improvement, because my car isn't driving with less Wh.

Interesting ... mine's a LR RWD too, see my Stats picture from a post this afternoon:
Living with 120V - 8000 miles and counting

Except for the recent dip, my rated range is almost the same as yours. Is your data from TeslaFi?

Interesting ... mine's a LR RWD too, see my Stats picture from a post this afternoon:
Living with 120V - 8000 miles and counting

Except for the recent dip, my rated range is almost the same as yours. Is your data from TeslaFi?

yep, teslafi data.

and my dip early on was when they changed 325 back to 310 for some unknown reason, then it took a while before i recovered the 325 range.

I charge to 65% daily, and 80 to 90% on weekends if I plan to drive further.

The 65% charge means I get to work at 55%, which is close to neutral. Especially good considering that the car is exposed to heat while sitting in the parking lot. Though I do park it in the shade.

Reactions: KenC
Did you care this much about your range everytime you fill-up your gas car in the past?

Point being that it was never finite or consistent either&you never really took notice.

I got a new battery pack about a week ago (boulder puncture) and asked about the 322 range. Tesla told me that going from 310 to 322 is gained in the hold regenerative braking mode and it doesn't display. 9/2018 delivery Model 3 LR Dual motor.

unfortunate if the case
Whenever I hear Tesla told me... my confidence in the answer is never very high so will sit and wait on this issue for now