Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Range on my 2012 85kW pack

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Morning! An update...

2013 P85 CPO purchase date 6/14/16 with 47,096 mileage

6/14/16 47,096 miles, range 255 miles @ 100% on factory 19 inch wheels, Hotlanta summer temperature. Creep On, Regen Low, Range Mode Off.

2/24/2018 62,666 miles( :eek:666#) range 250 miles @100% on 21 inch forged aftermarket wheels, temperate 62 degrees. 228 mile projected range with 321 Wh/mi in the past 30 miles (I don't drive like granny...after all it's a P rear wheel drive car ;) )

Will check 100% range on 2 year anniversary and summer temperature.

I am on B pack. @Dgeorges00 what pack are you on?

Enjoy the weekend.

Isn't the range displayed on the dashboard (at any charge level, but in this case at 100%) influences by actual wH/mi used by the driver/vehicle? This is how the LEAF's famed 'guessometer' works, so I presume there's some of that in the Tesla programming as well. So in this case if the OP has a heavy foot, it'd stand to reason that indicated range at 100% SOC would be lower than with a lighter foot. It's for these reasons that I don't expect one can draw conclusions about battery health from just comparing dashboard SOC from car to car. But, I am new to Tesla...eager to understand differences in how Tesla indicates range vs how Nissan handles same.

• Disagree
Reactions: gaswalla
Last time I charged to full 6 months ago, I got ~260 miles on full charge on a 2015 85D with ~60K miles,
The range degradation appears to correlate more to miles driven rather than the battery age. Fair?
I am sure there are other factors such as driving style, amount of SC or other fast charging, how often charged to full, etc.

What is considered too much degradation before Tesla would replace the battery?
I too have a 2015 85D (after I converted your miles to km) have virtually exactly the same rated range as you at 100% charge.

Not to get off topic but with 150k curious how much if you know spent on maintenance and issues with car? I have not ran into anyone with over about 75k on there car.

7 DU replacements (all covered under warranty)
4-way valve replaced $300
broken UMC replaced $500
5 sets of tires
2 air filters $17 each
a set of headlight bulbs replaced myself $35
Quarterpanel and rear bumper replaced $18000 (covered by insurance minus $1000 deductible)

Overall the car is holding up fine. Touchscreen now has some bubbles. Tesla wants $3400 to fix it. Not going to do it.