Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Range temperature dependent or charging habits?

hcdavis3

HCD3
Mar 3, 2019
It has been very warm here in MA the last couple of days with temps last night in the 60s. My range as of last night is back to normal. Is it the ambient temp or something else?

Attachments

• 420254F3-CBAD-4CF3-A9C4-E9A00922E993.png
    420254F3-CBAD-4CF3-A9C4-E9A00922E993.png
    549.7 KB · Views: 17

AlanSubie4Life

Efficiency Obsessed Member
Oct 22, 2018
San Diego
It has been very warm here in MA the last couple of days with temps last night in the 60s. My range as of last night is back to normal. Is it the ambient temp or something else?

You battery is doing well for an LR RWD. Looks to me like you are seeing greater drops this winter than last winter (when the car was new?) due to some degradation but it’s only on the order of a couple % at most (77.5kWh down to 76kWh), and it is hidden from view most of the time AFAIK, until you get below 76kWh or so.

I’d expect relatively soon you’re going to start seeing the rated miles at 100% slightly below 325 even in warm weather, but overall given the car’s age and mileage, you are doing pretty well.

Reactions: hcdavis3

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC