Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Range? TM3 LR AWD, built in October 2019.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Back then the EPA range was advertised at 499km.
Now, on new custom configuration it is displayed at 518km.

My question is : is this the exact same car, but a software upgrade increased the range?
I will get that extented range on even if it has been built early october (MY 2019) ?

Thanks

Not sure the software update for range increase has even happened yet.
Think Telsa got a little ahead of themselves, unless they are claiming this range increase due to the new regen formula on the latest update.

Anyway, your LR AWD will have the same range if it was a Model Year 2018, 2019 or 2020. Any range improvements are software driven. Sometimes people get new software a few days earlier than others.
As of today, I wouldn't believe more than 310 miles. Maybe tomorrow that will be different.

Yes, software updates increase range by providing programming for more efficient use of energy and how accessories use available energy.

I do see that my 2020 has less phantom drain than my 2019. Ive been out of town for more than 10 days and it drops 2-3 miles of range per day. Sentry mode has been active most of the days.

Yes, software updates increase range by providing programming for more efficient use of energy and how accessories use available energy.

I do see that my 2020 has less phantom drain than my 2019. Ive been out of town for more than 10 days and it drops 2-3 miles of range per day. Sentry mode has been active most of the days.
If your 2019 has the latest update, you should see comparable phantom drain... ?