Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Range update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my S Performance Thursday (replaced a ‘17 P100D). It had 40.4. Expected range on normal (not trip range) charge. Went to the service center yesterday because Sirius XM is in dealer demo mode and I can’t add it to my account (still isn’t fixed btw...please help if you know what’s up). While there the car downloaded and I installed 40.5. When home I plugged it in and saw 20 minutes later it was charging at 34 mph (before I never even got the promised 28 on a wall charger and I confirmed later that the 34 mph was still happening). This morning, instead of the expected 306 miles the car is showing range of 350 miles with a total max of 389. Well ok! Going to have to do a full charge to see if it does the max is but seems like 40.5, not just 40.7, adds the efficiency boost. But I have the 21 wheels so according to the new configuration I should expect 334 (or thereabouts) so will see what happens.

• Love
Reactions: TechOps
Here is the battery page. When I move the pointer to full trip it shows 389 as the max.
99B0F9CD-070A-4138-B1F8-A99E4B7F0F34.png

So your next “duty” is to charge to a full 100% and drive in a circuitous route arriving at a v3 Supercharger with around 10% - all in a single trip if your bladder can handle it.

Then show us photos of your trip meters, remaining miles and percentage, and SC rates at the start of your charge, and rvery so often to show the taper up to 80%.

This determines if there is an actual efficiency change in the software or if the mileage numbers are being fudged.

I’m not 100% serious of course.

I did this a few months after buying my used P85D and got just over 240 miles from a full battery on a single drive.
D2DC5ECE-344D-4376-9CBD-96CF9268BF86.jpeg

Sounds like the perfect way for my kids to earn their allowance. Too bad they are away at school. Will have to grab a Big Gulp and and roller bar hot dog and do it myself. Except I don’t believe we have a v3 charger in range....

For my 2015 a V2 Supercharger was sufficient. I maxed at 128 kW and quickly dropped under 100.

With a 150(?) kW max on V2, would be interesting to see how long your battery sustains that rate even if it won’t provide your momentary maximum rate.