Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Range upgrade on Model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2018 S, 100D has a capacity of 335 (charges to about 315)...Noticed new S's show 370 range wondering if Tesla might increase range via software to compensate for a lack of Supercharger locations on I-40 through Arkansas. To quote a
rather (in)famous person, "I'm just saying..." Seriously, any info re: range update possibilities for existing owners would be appreciated.

• Funny
Reactions: SmartElectric
The new “Raven” Model S introduced in May has a new front motor resulting in 10% increased efficiency and range (along with new revision battery pack and new suspension) . Unfortunately there’s no retrofit available for older Model S to get the new hardware.

Remember, you can always drive slower to get more range though. ;)

• Informative
My 2018 S, 100D has a capacity of 335 (charges to about 315)...Noticed new S's show 370 range wondering if Tesla might increase range via software to compensate for a lack of Supercharger locations on I-40 through Arkansas. To quote a
rather (in)famous person, "I'm just saying..." Seriously, any info re: range update possibilities for existing owners would be appreciated.
Thanks for the info update. I'll just continue to struggle on driving the best car in the world! And, hope Tesla will locate a SC on I-40 West Arkansas in the near future.