TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Range Upgrade

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Mlorman, Jan 18, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Mlorman

Mlorman Member

I see plenty of threads on this topic. I'm looking at a 2016 P90D with a $3000 range upgrade. Does that mean this care was an 85 that was upgraded to a 90? Or is it a 90 upgraded to a 95?
    Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Andyw2100

Andyw2100 Supporting Member

I don't really know what the line item on the invoice represents, but there is no "95."

3. Mlorman

Mlorman Member

From what I have read, the upgrade translates to a 5 kWh upgrade.

4. Andyw2100

Andyw2100 Supporting Member

It may just have been the way they included the charge for the 90. I honestly don't know, so perhaps you should ask a Tesla sales person. I do know that there is no such thing as a 95, so you can be 100% confident the car in question is a 90.

5. Mystic

Mystic Member

The invoice you included shows a 90D, not P90D. Also previously, Tesla offered 85's with a 5kWh upgrade. At that time, 90's were considered an optional range upgrade, before Tesla killed the 85 and made the 90 the higher tiered battery pack.

• Like x 4
    • Informative x 1
  6. kort677

kort677 Banned

this is the best answer, op should take note

• Like x 1
  7. msnow

msnow Active Member

I have the same car as you are looking at (see my signature). As stated above the range upgrade was from a S85D to S90D or about 6% more range when new.

8. green1

green1 Active Member

This is exactly what you have here. you have an 85D with the "range upgrade" option, making it a 90D. It was actually an annoying and confusing way of listing the feature (they should have just had a 90D model listed at the time) but that's how it was listed for a while when the 90s first came out.