Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Range X 100D 2017 compared to Y LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't talk about 2017 MX 100D but internet says about 295ish while 2021 MY LR is about 320ish.
My ideal driving of my MY, I got around 300 in range
Well, the internet says a lot....I would never get 295 miles out of my Model X 100D.
But the interesting would be the comparison.
The data I found so far was, that the X 100D has a lightly bigger range, then the Y LR, but.... the data seems limited

not sure what you were searching for, but there are a ton of threads efficiency. since you own an X, i would start in the Y forum and compare to your own data.

not sure what you were searching for, but there are a ton of threads efficiency. since you own an X, i would start in the Y forum and compare to your own data.

Well actually, there are tons of data which are saying different things. The ideal would be to find someone who has a 2017 Model X and a 2021 Model Y LR and who can tell me how they compare in terms of range with the same driving style...
Like in my original Roadster I was able to achieve a range of 400 Km, but if I would have driven it "normally" it would be much less.
Or, my X100D 2017 has an around 5 % bigger range then my 2015 Model S85....

And why is this interesting for me? Because my 2nd home is about 50 Km too far away to get there with my X 2017 without recharging. And as the kids are growing up, I do not need the space of the X anymore, so I am thinking about switching to the Y, and if I could do 50 Km more in the Y, I would do it immediately....

And to make things more complicated, or more interesting, here in Europe, I think that the Y LR is Chinese made and it has a different range then the US made LR.

And to start in the y forum? Yes I could, but I thought that by percentage there are more x owners who have an Y, then Y owners who have an X....

And to compare my data, to others data.... I guess you are experienced enough to know how difficult this is...and the way the official range was tested has changed from 2017 to 20121. But I m sure you know that....

I don’t have a model Y, but I do have a model 3 and an X. I find that I get similar efficiency %, defined as actual range/rated range. So if I go on a 80 mile trip in my model X and use 100 rated miles (80% efficiency), I will do about the same in my model 3, also using 100 rated miles. Of course conditions can vary so I never have an exact comparison, but my Teslafi data shows that it is almost always within 5% of the same efficiency.

Advantage should go to a new model Y because it does not have any battery degradation at the start and for colder weather, it has a heat pump.

Reactions: Mitrovic
I don’t have a model Y, but I do have a model 3 and an X. I find that I get similar efficiency %, defined as actual range/rated range. So if I go on a 80 mile trip in my model X and use 100 rated miles (80% efficiency), I will do about the same in my model 3, also using 100 rated miles. Of course conditions can vary so I never have an exact comparison, but my Teslafi data shows that it is almost always within 5% of the same efficiency.

Advantage should go to a new model Y because it does not have any battery degradation at the start and for colder weather, it has a heat pump.
Thank you. That is an interesting and helpful answer! And absolutely, I wonder how much of an advantage and in which conditions it is that the Y has a heat pump!