Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Range

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve got a MX p90d, 71,000miles. Max range is 221/238miles, drivable is now 145/185 miles. A loss of about 22%?

I’ve ran a range test (controlled drive on a motorway on ap/ cruise) and Tesla are coming back with “normal/excessive acceleration” as a diagnosis.

is this normal? Other drivers seeing the same level of range degradation? For me this seemed to start following a supercharge session to 100% where the car got stuck on ‘calculating....’

I’ve got a MX p90d, 71,000miles. Max range is 221/238miles, drivable is now 145/185 miles. A loss of about 22%?

I’ve ran a range test (controlled drive on a motorway on ap/ cruise) and Tesla are coming back with “normal/excessive acceleration” as a diagnosis.

is this normal? Other drivers seeing the same level of range degradation? For me this seemed to start following a supercharge session to 100% where the car got stuck on ‘calculating....’

Is the 221/238 the 90%/100% charge?
Ive a 90d and it lists at 221/243 currently and for in town regular driving, its pretty close. Highway driving with elevation changes is drastically different. Drive from Phx to San Diego this past weekend. Example condition, car says 186 miles remaining and 86 miles to destination. You would assume you would get there with 100 miles left. I had 69 left when arriving.

This was the first "Trip" and I have to say it was a pain in the ass with all the charging along the way and while there.

Is the 221/238 the 90%/100% charge?
Ive a 90d and it lists at 221/243 currently and for in town regular driving, its pretty close. Highway driving with elevation changes is drastically different. Drive from Phx to San Diego this past weekend. Example condition, car says 186 miles remaining and 86 miles to destination. You would assume you would get there with 100 miles left. I had 69 left when arriving.

This was the first "Trip" and I have to say it was a pain in the ass with all the charging along the way and while there.
Brahane, the numbers are from 100%. I don’t mind the supercharging tbh, but it’s becoming less viable. One of my usual trips is from home to London - distance 287 miles. I was able to do this easily, home charge to 100%, get to a sc about 150 miles away, 30 minute charge, then last leg done. Now I can’t reach the sc, so need an interim charge (30 minutes as it’s at the top of the range) @30 miles in which takes 30 minutes. When I reach my ‘usual sc’ it’s now a 1hour charge to get enough range to get to my destination.

What you hear is 1-2%loss per year driving. Which frankly isn’t my experience. I don’t see how keep the car is viable due to this issue tbh, which is sad as it’s an awesome vehicle in all other respects