Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ranger Fee - Service Center Coming Soon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When taking my test drive, I asked about the Ranger fee that several posts have been made about. I was assured I didn't need to worry because Tesla had announced that at some point in time a Service Center was being built in my city, but until then Tesla would cover the full cost of any transport to and from a service center. I am about an hour and a half from the nearest store so this does matter a little. Has anyone been given a similar answer?

What I can't find is a published list anywhere of cities that Service Centers are coming to in the future.

Folks at the local (SLC, UT) service center told me that if the car can not be driven there is no charge to have a ranger attempt repairs or to have it moved to the service center.

There is a charge if the car is drivable and the owner just wants some minor work done on it.

Yes, I discovered the same thing a few months' back when a Ranger showed up to take my car to the Monterey/Seaside Service Center. I live in Fresno. He said that there were about 130 or so Teslas in and around Fresno. He further said that a Service Center is planned for here, but he was not aware of the timing--still could be a couple of years out (my words, not his.)

He is based here, sort of a Resident Ranger.

Maybe Tesla is starting to ferret out locations with a high-enough customer base that is a 2-3 hour drive from an established Service Center, and placing Resident Rangers in those communities.