Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ranger Service Getting Worse

How haver your experiences been with Ranger Service?

• Total voters

NoRangers

Oct 28, 2019
Arizona
When I bought my Tesla I was promised that Rangers would come to me, and fix just about anything. For the first year that was true! I had the Ranger’s phone number and he was super responsive, usually a few days and he would be here and fix everything.

Recently, that is not the case! At first they reduced visits to once every three weeks, now it’s once every four weeks.

It is difficult to make an appointment for Ranger service. There is no direct way, if you call the recording tells you you can’t make appointments over the phone. If you try and schedule using the app it schedules you for service at a Service Center, over two hours away.

So, currently my driver’s door isn’t opening. Roadside assistance says they can’t do anything because it is still driveable. The Service Center says I have to wait three weeks for mobile service. They expect me to climb over the center console to drive my Tesla.

Is this really the state of service at Tesla?!?

It almost seems like breach of contract to promise mobile service and then essentially stop providing the service.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC