TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Ranger travel distance

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Lbkmxp100d, Feb 24, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Lbkmxp100d

Lbkmxp100d Member

to start off I don't currently have any issue that need immediate attention on my vehicle but I have often wondered if I could get a "ranger" to come to me if I needed help. I'm 359 miles from nearest SC. Does anyone know the answer or what's the longest distance someone has had a ranger travel. FYI, I'm in Lubbock, TX (west TX) and there are no large cities anywhere remotely close. Dallas or Albuquerque would be the closest.

2. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

Tesla has been using Rangers since the beginning with the Roadsters... the policies have changed and costs have adjusted with each change...

Folks have shipped rangers overseas. I know, for Model S, that Tesla had sent a tech to the Philippines to service the first Model S imported ere from the Costa Mesa, CA service center... the costs were pricey, but the owner paid for that...

3. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

I recall hearing a story, maybe on TMC but I think from a fellow Roadster owner directly, that several years ago a Ranger flew to Guam to service a Roadster. Or maybe I am just imagining I heard that story...

4. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

I remember the same story... but figure a Model S story would be better.

The other is pools of owners in some of the Hawaiian islands who pool their services together so that they can split the cost of the Ranger to their islands.

5. Lbkmxp100d

Lbkmxp100d Member

If there willing to fly to service a vehicle maybe I'm in luck living in the west Texas dust bowl.

6. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

Yup... just have to be willing to pay $$$ for hem to come out.

7. MYB_S90D

MYB_S90D Member

Unfortunately, Tesla is not allowed to operate in NM, so no SC in Albuquerque, where I live. From here the closest SC is Denver.

However, I have been told that rangers will travel up to 450 miles to service or pick up a Tesla without a travel charge. They may take it back to the SC, and you may have to go pick it up from there. I haven't tried this yet... and hoping I won't have to.