Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rapid Charger Cost

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now had the M3LR 6 months and I have only used the motorway Tesla chargers and I have only used then on 6 occasions and I have simply plugged in and paid whatever I got billed. Recently I was away and in a hotel which was within a short walking distance of a Pod Point (Lidl). I didn't use it because I didn't know what it would charge me per kwh.

My question is . . . . . when I am away from home and there is a Pod Point or some other none Tesla charger how do I know how much that will cost me? On the Lidl Pod Point chargers there was nothing on the outside box telling me that it would cost me ??p per kwh; If I had plugged in would it the charge cost per kwh have come up on the screen? How do I get to know the cost before I commit to use?

I can recall a time when we did not know how much petrol stations charged for petrol until we drive alongsside the pump and then someone (the governmnet?) decreed that they must state it outside 'loud and clear'. I presume at some point in the future we will get the same service for public EV chargers, until then it's a lottery.