Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rate my inventory deal!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So it's been 5 days now since ordering. I've reached out to multiple people about the vehicle not showing up in my tesla account so I can apply for financing and figure out trade in logistics. Best I've gotten is it's being worked on. They originally told me it would be 24 hours or less. I really want to figure this out so I can lock down financing and get my trade-in in order seeing as the offer is only good for 14 days. Anyone else have experience with something like this?
Showed up same day for me. Should be immediate like you said so you can apply for financing, etc.

Showed up same day for me. Should be immediate like you said so you can apply for financing, etc.

Yea I'm starting to get a little aggravated. I've been super nice thus far but feel like I'm getting the run around for something that shouldn't be so difficult and no reasoning as to why it's taking so long. If it's not there by Thursday, which will be a week from ordering, I'm going to not be so nice. Do you think that's fair? I've never had an experience like this but I guess after reading some posts here, it's "The Tesla Way" LOL

Yea I'm starting to get a little aggravated. I've been super nice thus far but feel like I'm getting the run around for something that shouldn't be so difficult and no reasoning as to why it's taking so long. If it's not there by Thursday, which will be a week from ordering, I'm going to not be so nice. Do you think that's fair? I've never had an experience like this but I guess after reading some posts here, it's "The Tesla Way" LOL
Have you tried doing all the financing application insurance etc in the other order you placed, assuming you did that? They’ll port it all over for you no need to worry - did that twice for both our cars.

Have you tried doing all the financing application insurance etc in the other order you placed, assuming you did that? They’ll port it all over for you no need to worry - did that twice for both our cars.

I've done all the insurance and ID information however I didn't want to do the financing yet since the amount of the reservation order is quite a bit more than inventory vehicle. And while I don't have any doubt about getting approved, I always get scared doing loan applications and want the best possible outcome.

I've done all the insurance and ID information however I didn't want to do the financing yet since the amount of the reservation order is quite a bit more than inventory vehicle. And while I don't have any doubt about getting approved, I always get scared doing loan applications and want the best possible outcome.

Don’t worry about that - just complete financing. Unfortunately companies often don’t “take you seriously” if you’re financing until they see that approval. It’s good for 30 days

Don’t worry about that - just complete financing. Unfortunately companies often don’t “take you seriously” if you’re financing until they see that approval. It’s good for 30 days

Thank you for the reply. I think I'd prefer to wait until the actual vehicle shows up. Applying now would be looking for financing for essentially double what I actually need and that just doesn't make sense!

Thank you for the reply. I think I'd prefer to wait until the actual vehicle shows up. Applying now would be looking for financing for essentially double what I actually need and that just doesn't make sense!

Oh I get it now. Just tell them that you are going to put down approximately what you think your trade is worth. They'll give you financing based on that. So if you think your trade is worth 30k, say you'll put 30k down and that's how they calculate the financing. No need to wait.

Oh I get it now. Just tell them that you are going to put down approximately what you think your trade is worth. They'll give you financing based on that. So if you think your trade is worth 30k, say you'll put 30k down and that's how they calculate the financing. No need to wait.

Trying to do some math here, was planning to lease it. And since it was a considerable inventory discount the MSRP/Sales price is a big difference. Also I see you're from Boston!! Shout out from Peabody!

Bought almost the same car as you as an inventory car also. It did show up in my Tesla account pretty quickly after I paid my deposit, but the rest of the process was a bit of a mess and I needed to make multiple phone calls to get things rectified. My OA in the end got everything fixed, but it was not all correct allowing my final payment in the site on the day of delivery.

Love the car, good luck with yours.

Update: Called Tesla 800 number and although the agent really wanted to help there wasn't much he could do.

At first after giving him the VIN he said there was no OA assigned to it but then somehow seemed to find it. He said basically the OA has to do everything and that he would contact the OA for me.

I don't mind waiting I just would like a bit more communication and status update given the price point of the vehicle.

Update: Called Tesla 800 number and although the agent really wanted to help there wasn't much he could do.

At first after giving him the VIN he said there was no OA assigned to it but then somehow seemed to find it. He said basically the OA has to do everything and that he would contact the OA for me.

I don't mind waiting I just would like a bit more communication and status update given the price point of the vehicle.
I had issues with my OA after I placed my order. Couldn't get him to call back and eventually got help from other people in the store. It was pretty ridiculous honestly. But other people were very helpful and apologetic.

I had issues with my OA after I placed my order. Couldn't get him to call back and eventually got help from other people in the store. It was pretty ridiculous honestly. But other people were very helpful and apologetic.

So another update. After escalating with the 800 number support, my OA called me. The car is locked because it's not yet listed for sale and therefore can't be added to my account. The reason for the lock is I knew there was a scratch on the bumper they were fixing but I guess they also noticed some damage to the drivers side door and instead of fixing it, they're just replacing the whole door. Supposedly I'm getting some pictures of the vehicle tomorrow from my OA and we will do the financing on the side because it won't be able to be linked to my Tesla account until the vehicle is fixed and unlocked in the system.

Should I be scared right now? I don't mind as long as it's repaired properly, I got a great deal on the vehicle. But he quoted a delivery timeline as MAX 3 weeks from today, from what I know getting Tesla parts especially a whole door may take a while? Once I get the pics, I'll post them here!

Thanks!

Yeah, almost no way you have that car in 3 weeks if it's being repaired and transported.

Yea unfortunately those are my thoughts as well. Now the issue becomes financing and trade in. My trade offer which I'd love to take is only good until next Thursday. And financing approval will only last 30 days. I do have 2 cars already so giving up one for a few weeks wouldn't be the worst thing ever but I also don't want to have to get approved for financing twice.