Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rated Mileage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking to buy a my, I currently own a bolt. I see a lot of complaints about not getting the rated miles on the car and had a question about it. In ideal conditions (no ac or heat, 60-70 degrees outside, less than 65mph) does anyone get more than the rated mileage? My bolts rated at 238, but currently I’m getting about 280 out of it in the “perfect” conditions.

You have to consider that the Bolt is FWD and the Model Y is AWD so there is more power that is being used. The Model Y will most likely exceed rated range if driven in "Perfect" conditions as well. There are also major size differences between a smaller hatch car and a larger CUV. Model Y has major improvements when it comes to range and dealing with colder climates that usually affect range in a big way so it is going to do pretty well in all climates. Happy to answer more if you have any other questions

Looking to buy a my, I currently own a bolt. I see a lot of complaints about not getting the rated miles on the car and had a question about it. In ideal conditions (no ac or heat, 60-70 degrees outside, less than 65mph) does anyone get more than the rated mileage? My bolts rated at 238, but currently I’m getting about 280 out of it in the “perfect” conditions.
The first week I drove and I didn't get close, but after another couple of weeks with the regenerative braking, I get better than the rated mileage. The caveat is that I am 80/20 local/highway, so I'm advantaged when it comes to the regen.