TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here:

Rated Range effected by vehicle options?

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Rifleman, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Rifleman

Rifleman Now owns 2 Model S's!!!

Nov 29, 2011
    Harrison Ohio
    I currently own 2 classic 60's. My car shows 173 miles rated range at 90%, and my wifes (the older car with higher milage) shows 184 at 90%. A few weeks ago when my car was in the shop for a flakey door handle, I hadTesla ran diagnostics on my battery, and said everything is fine with it, so I just assumed for some reason my cars battery is wearing out faster than my wife's.

Today I was playing around with visible tesla today, and discovered that my 60 has both 21 inch wheels and performance+ selected in its configuration (my car is a standard 60 with 19 inch wheels). My wife's car has all the correct settings.

Does anyone know if rated range takes vehicle options into account? I know the performance+ package had a reduced range over the S85, could having it or the 21 inch wheels incorrectly selected on my car result in the car displaying a lower rated range?
  2. kort677

kort677 Active Member

Sep 17, 2015
    yes, the 21 inch wheels will cause a difference in rated range. I don't know how if the computations are altered in the algorithms to reflect the options.