Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rated range sr plus now 328km

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,

Wondering if this is normal, please see attached picture. According to my model 3 SR plus, a 100% charge will give me only 328 km. Has anyone else see this low of a range reported?

I normally charge my car to 80 or 90% and I have noticed the reported km continue to go down and down. I understand the weather is colder but what variance are the rest of you seeing? My car had 10,000km and I got it in August 2019.

I made an appointment a few months ago when I noticed the decrease, it was 359 at the time. They said I have some degradation but nothing abnormal. Wondering if I should be pushing them a little more on this since it's getting worse and the car is only 5 months old. I've lost more than 15% of advertised range already, otherwise very happy with the car.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200115_101703_com.teslamotors.tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20200115_101703_com.teslamotors.tesla.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 72
Does car show as Standard Range+ or Standard Range in the about section when you click on the Tesla logo? Some people were inadvertently downgraded to the American Standard Range model which has slightly less range. Otherwise it might be normal. I was down about 9% a few months ago on my LR AWD, and now I am down just over 4% so it has recovered over time, even though temperatures are colder now. So it could be random battery calibration fluctuations.

• Informative
Reactions: MrTzla and CdnElec
It's more than likely merely battery calibration.
The calculator uses an algorithm to detect the voltage of the batteries and ascertain where exactly it is in remaining range. Have you tried a few full cycles? (5%-100%)? I would give that a go.

Does car show as Standard Range+ or Standard Range in the about section when you click on the Tesla logo? Some people were inadvertently downgraded to the American Standard Range model which has slightly less range. Otherwise it might be normal. I was down about 9% a few months ago on my LR AWD, and now I am down just over 4% so it has recovered over time, even though temperatures are colder now. So it could be random battery calibration fluctuations.
Thanks. I'll check that as soon as I get in the car next.

It's more than likely merely battery calibration.
The calculator uses an algorithm to detect the voltage of the batteries and ascertain where exactly it is in remaining range. Have you tried a few full cycles? (5%-100%)? I would give that a go.
Yes. I did a roadtrip to the US during the holidays and had lots of discharges down to 3-10%. I was able to do a 100% to 5% straight run and I got 250km. This was in a warmer climate, Kentucky so I would have expected more.

Yes. I did a roadtrip to the US during the holidays and had lots of discharges down to 3-10%. I was able to do a 100% to 5% straight run and I got 250km. This was in a warmer climate, Kentucky so I would have expected more.

Odometer at?

Probably unbalanced cells and cold weather. I'm nearing 55000kms at the latest 100% charge was 502kms ~4% degradation. Unless you've packed as many kms as I have in 5 months, I don't think your battery pack has lost more than 10% to usage, that's a lot of cycles.

Monitor it for now. If your pack is bad, it'll show before the drive train warranty runs out.

Reactions: Techniques
Odometer at?

Probably unbalanced cells and cold weather. I'm nearing 55000kms at the latest 100% charge was 502kms ~4% degradation. Unless you've packed as many kms as I have in 5 months, I don't think your battery pack has lost more than 10% to usage, that's a lot of cycles.

Monitor it for now. If your pack is bad, it'll show before the drive train warranty runs out.
Odometer is at 12000.i know everyone says rated range varies for everyone but I seem to be moving into a being an outlier with such low reported range. It's not the end of the world to have 60km less range than advertised already but if it does not improve once warmer weather comes I may need to escalate.

A couple of reasons... it's cold out and you are checking the range when the battery is low. I seen my full range show as low as 250km when it was -15C out and like 25%. Last week when it was warmer, after a charge to 85%, it was showing 375km. I'm not going to worry about it unless it's like this when it's finally warm again.