Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rated Range

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've labored over this since buying my car, but recently noticed two things on which I'd like to hear from others.

I think with the 8.0 update, the "Rated" bar on the Energy display in my S90D moved up from 290Wh/mi to 300Wh/mi, in any case it has moved since I bought the car, though both are wrong compared to my actual measurement of the rate of loss of RM which is consistently 275Wh/mi/RM. But that's a separate thread.

Earlier this week I got an S85 loaner from the SVC and noticed that it's "Rated" bar was also at 300Wh/mi. We all know that the dual motors are more efficient so I'm baffled as to why the "Rated" bar in the Energy display would be the same on an S85 and an S90D.

Anyone else see this?

My 70D has the rated line at 290 Wh/mi and it has never changed. It doesn't mean anything since I never have achieved rated miles at that level. But one time I did have a loaner S85 RWD, early VIN, and I noticed it had significantly higher Wh/mi performance than my car when driving my usual routes. But it also had 21" wheels so I don't know how much of a difference that makes.