Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

rather push a BMW than drive a Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The best German cars are Porsche
Driving a Porsche is fun
Owing a Porsche is fun
A Porsche is the pinnacle of German Automotive ownership.

Lots of people including myself are former Porsche owners who got a Tesla simply to experience the joys of a EV power train.

A Tesla is a wonderful car to drive, and to own.
Dealing with Tesla the company is another matter. It's like dealing with the coolest kid in class who wants to have nothing to do with you, and treats you like crap. It's the most un-german vehicle on the planet, and has a fart app to prove it.

So you want to get away from this ridiculousness, but still have the EV power train?

Options are pretty sparse, and a BMW just isn't going to get you there.

But, Porsche is coming back for us.

To save us from Fart apps over function.
I believe Porsche is missing the mark on the Tayacan. They could have developed something comprable to the price of a P3. At $120K++, the Tayacan will be a "niche" entry into the EV market. But hey, they already have a bunch of reservation holders. What would I know(?);)

• Funny
Reactions: Kleenerth3
Dealing with Tesla the company is another matter. It's like dealing with the coolest kid in class who wants to have nothing to do with you, and treats you like crap. It's the most un-german vehicle on the planet, and has a fart app to prove it.

So you want to get away from this ridiculousness, but still have the EV power train?

Options are pretty sparse, and a BMW just isn't going to get you there.

But, Porsche is coming back for us.

To save us from Fart apps over function.

I can't speak to how German a vehicle is, perhaps you could provide a chart or graph so that I know how to rate them.

But what I can tell you, is my experience with Tesla, the company as been nothing but excellent. I've never had a problem with customer service and my sales experience was top notch. The communication was stellar. I'm not in any way trying to discredit your experience, I'm just saying it's not that way for everyone. And I find that the Fart app brings great joy to my younger passengers (which adds to their wanting to have a car like mine) so... maybe it's a genius marketing tool.

Reactions: Runt8
Haha. I grew up within a few hours driving distance of BMW in Munich.

A significant number of Germans are religiously infatuated with German cars and suggesting any other countries’ car makers, esp. from the USA, would be “better” or equal is simply considered blasphemy.

Probably not so different from the US car owners when the Japanese brands made it over here.

First, he’s a moron.

Second, I’ve owned two BMW’s from single digit miles to >67k miles on both. Freaking fantastic cars IMO. (2003 Z4 3.0, 2013 335i Msport). Neither of which are really comparable to my Tesla IMO. The dual electric motor powered car is just so different it’s not a reasonable comparison.

Third, I would rather drive a yugo than push any car. But I’m a lazy American.

• Funny
Since I'm American I'm actually kind of proud to be going back to driving an American car. I always try to buy American when I can. But my last 2 cars have been BMWs because luxury American cars have been garbage until Tesla came along.

It’s funny, I can’t tell you how many people think Tesla’s are foreign. If they ever do advertise making it clear that they are a domestic brand could be a good start!

I believe Porsche is missing the mark on the Tayacan. They could have developed something comprable to the price of a P3. At $120K++, the Tayacan will be a "niche" entry into the EV market. But hey, they already have a bunch of reservation holders. What would I know(?);)
Maybe not.... Maybe they will release more electric options in the future at a lower price segement. I.E. Macan, 718.

Reactions: groovidad
Way back in the old days my dad owned a BWM 1600 (the small motor'ed sibling to the 2002) - that was a pretty good car but had an overly complicated carburetor, radiator too small for American roads (traffic) and like most cars of the era, lame (ie no) rust proofing

It handled lovely though.. about 1/2 the weight of my 3 so there's that..

Sentiment aside, I prefer the 3