Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

rather push a BMW than drive a Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
lets see, we all could use a red wine fast car
with a friend. Good !!
A guess Is how does a sane person go an a rant about
a car that he did not want to buy in a sales meeting.
Did the US develop a car to bring down the UK and the
EU ? Film at 11:00

I hope this is a fun topic. My boss told
me this (in German) a few days ago.
please add to the craziness.
Not even everywhere in Germany is this opinion held. In Baden-Würtemberg, they say that BMW means Bayrische Mist Wagen.

(For the benefit of non-German speakers, Mist is the German word for trash, junk, or even manure.) :)

It’s funny, I can’t tell you how many people think Tesla’s are foreign. If they ever do advertise making it clear that they are a domestic brand could be a good start!
I guess there might be some truth to that. A guy at Home Depot back in Alabama once asked me a couple years ago if it was an Italian car. I said yes, I think my tire valve stem caps are made there. He looked at me a bit puzzled and said "Looks nice, but I prefer an American car". :D I'm guessing that two years later he has probably just realized how dumb was that comment.
And not long after that, a guy in Tennessee asked me how did I get that fancy Tennessee Titan logo on the car :rolleyes:

The BMW has us on one big factor: you can drive it anywhere (Baja, Mexico) and find fuel to keep going. If you take trips in the Southwest or Northwest USA you will have to stick to the major arterial roads where you can find a charger of any kind. No more saying "hey that's a cool looking road, let's take it" without having to go through planning.

• Funny
Reactions: SammichLover
The BMW has us on one big factor: you can drive it anywhere (Baja, Mexico) and find fuel to keep going. If you take trips in the Southwest or Northwest USA you will have to stick to the major arterial roads where you can find a charger of any kind. No more saying "hey that's a cool looking road, let's take it" without having to go through planning.
What are you talking about? Electricity is everywhere. Even in Baja California!

And if your counter argument is "but there are gas stations everywhere" I will say "who cares?" When I drove an ICE and went through an intersection with gas stations, I didn't care if there was 1 or 4.
pic.png

My 8,000 mile road trip through the Southwest this spring would beg to differ. Plugshare is your friend.

The good news for your boss is that he's much more likely to be pushing his BMW then driving a Tesla. Just a couple weeks ago another friend of mine just paid big money to have the transmission in their Break My Wallet fixed. The dealer wanted $11K for the repair! Even if there was no Tesla, I'd never buy a BMW because of their notorious unreliability and high repair costs. My next choice would be Acura or Lexus.

Last edited:
Germans are to car as the French are to wine. The last I heard was that Napa Valley make a fairly nice red wine:D
Both are mediocre. Only Beemer worth a damn is the Z8 and it won't be worth anything unless you push it and keep the miles low!
Napa Valley has been kicking the French wines butts for decades but the finest reds in the world come out of the Anderson Valley. The undisputed best Pinot Noirs, anywhere! ;)

Reactions: KerryOH
Both are mediocre. Only Beemer worth a damn is the Z8 and it won't be worth anything unless you push it and keep the miles low!
Napa Valley has been kicking the French wines butts for decades but the finest reds in the world come out of the Anderson Valley. The undisputed best Pinot Noirs, anywhere! ;)
There's a whole lot bigger world out there than Pinot Noir. Bordeaux wine, for example, is making a huge quality comeback since they stopped poisoning their grapes with Cu based pesticides about 10 years back. Pretty much every vintage recently coming out has been the best they've had in about 30-40 years. Some awesome stuff nearing peak now, finally.

If your interest is in Pinot Noir only (and I pay no heed to claims that "Pinot Noir is for people that don't like red wine but want to seem like they're drinking red wine" BS :p ) just a bit further up the coast Willamette Valley has some stellar Pinot. Although it isn't exactly the same, so it depends on what you're looking for, it is comparable quality to Sonoma/Russian. It doesn't have quite the popular name recognition, which makes it easier to find value, more paying actual product vs name. ;)

Really there's about 1/2 dozen top tier Pinot regions around the world, all in a very narrow latitude band (North, and South). Then it's mostly down to subjective desires of what aspects you want to play up, coming out of the local soils etc and from winemaking choices.

How this connects to the thread's OT I'll leave as an exercise of the reader. :D

• Love
Reactions: Kleenerth3