Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rattle coming from dash

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have 2 days left before I make a decision regarding returning or keeping the car. I have noticed a rattle from the dash (somewhere behind the screen, maybe the phone dock) when hitting small bumps. I live in Chicago so this is pretty consistent because our roads suck.

Has anyone had luck getting rattles addressed by Tesla? I have requested service to look at this prior to my 7 day return period ending.. crickets.

I'm having a similar problem, though returning it is not an option. I'm getting a rattle from the front-left, like the dash speaker is loose, or some cables in the A-pillar.
Maybe start the procedure to return the car, and if they ask why, outline the fact that no one will respond. At least try in person if you can.
As much as I've completely lost faith in Tesla recently, I do think the Model 3 is about the best car in the world at this time, and despite the constant aggravation I'm enduring, I can't imagine driving anything else.
I suppose you could return it and buy it again right away, getting another car in order to solve the rattle problem.

Reactions: jbrady3324
My prius and Volvo xc90 are completely silent. When I had a rattle with my G37 a few days after I picked it up, I was able, without hassle, get into service the next day and it was addressed. I feel like I have to drive to my Tesla location and create a scene to get attention

Reactions: Legen---dary