Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rattle coming from rear?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any one have a rattle that sounds to be coming from the back? It’s been going on since I took delivery of the car. I esp. hear it when going over bumps or uneven road. I believe it’s behind the seat somewhere but cannot find it!

I’ve tested with rear seats up as well as folded down and the noise is present in both.

I’ve checked everything in the rear area I can think of and still not resolved:
  • Filled rear deck cutout (2018 model) with foam insulation
  • Made sure all clips are secured on driver/passenger side C pillars
  • Added foam under trim around both rear seat belt tensioners near rear triangle windows
  • Replaced both rear seat handles because they sounded rattlely
  • Added felt tape to rear seat back latches
Areas I’ve checked and heard some noise but haven’t been abMe to mitigate. Not sure if they are the source of the buzzy rattle noise I’m hearing from rear:
  • When I bang on rear deck, I hear slight buzz near isofix latches on rear deck. I DO NOT notice a difference when I have the latch covers up or down even though I thought this could be it.
  • I hear some noise from rear deck foam/adhesive on metal deck when pushing on it but not sure if this is the issue. Can see this rear deck foam pad when lifting rear isofix latch covers
  • Hear rattle from middle carpeted back of rear seat backs. I believe this is the head rest adjustment piece. I can’t unzipped the carpeted back to get at it and can’t seem to get tape in there to tape plastic piece down.

I fixed mine this morning. Was just the ISOFIX cover (which needed to be seated)
Can you specify what the fix is here?