Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rattle in Front End - 2018 S 75D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been dealing with this rattling noise on my Tesla S 75D ever since picking it up brand new on 3/26/18. My car has been in the shop for more days than I've actually had it in my possession. Each of the FIVE model S loaner cars that Tesla has given me over the past two months have not rattled. So, it's not like Tesla can't build a car without a rattle.

I am now dealing with the Tesla Executive Escalations Team, and I'd suggest that everyone with this problem contact that team ASAP. The more they hear from disgruntled owners, the better the chances of this issue finally being resolved. Surely, a company that has built such an otherwise-incredible piece of new technology -- and sent a rocket into space -- can fix a strut noise.

The best way to reach the Executive Escalations team is to log into your Tesla account through the Tesla website, then click on "MANAGE" at the top of your account page, then slide all the way down to the SUPPORT section. In the Subject Header of the Support form, click on the drop-down menu and choose, "Escalate This Concern for Executive Review". Then write your message, detailing everything you've experienced.

Nobody should be paying nearly $100G for a supposedly-luxury Model S that actually sounds more like a Model T.

Here's to a speedy resolution ahead!!

If you’re interested in doing some reconnaissance, some of us over on the other discussion page (Rattle noise coming from front air suspension) are trying to figure out whether this only affects cars with air suspension, or all recent Model S vehicles. Can you please post the month/year of your car and whether it has air suspension or not? Some have posted photos of the suspension part. So far, of those who have posted, everyone has the newer Firestone struts with part number 1067361-25-C. The majority have been fall 2017 builds and beyond.

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/posts/2809440/

Did you have them check the brake pads?

Brake pad rattle can be caused by lack or the appropriate claw clip on the pad reverse. These claw clips are really only for pad install on the production line but do have the affect of preventing pad rattle.

anti-rattle-clip.jpg

Last edited:
Nope- I have model s 2012, obviously no facelift, have creaking noise back for the second time. First tech said plastic liner and that was good for 6 months. Second visit changed sway bars and machined rotors (don’t let them do that) Now I’m pretty sure it the air suspension cause it sounds very springy with air on high when exiting vehicle on right side.

I have been dealing with this rattling noise on my Tesla S 75D ever since picking it up brand new on 3/26/18. My car has been in the shop for more days than I've actually had it in my possession. Each of the FIVE model S loaner cars that Tesla has given me over the past two months have not rattled. So, it's not like Tesla can't build a car without a rattle.

I am now dealing with the Tesla Executive Escalations Team, and I'd suggest that everyone with this problem contact that team ASAP. The more they hear from disgruntled owners, the better the chances of this issue finally being resolved. Surely, a company that has built such an otherwise-incredible piece of new technology -- and sent a rocket into space -- can fix a strut noise.

The best way to reach the Executive Escalations team is to log into your Tesla account through the Tesla website, then click on "MANAGE" at the top of your account page, then slide all the way down to the SUPPORT section. In the Subject Header of the Support form, click on the drop-down menu and choose, "Escalate This Concern for Executive Review". Then write your message, detailing everything you've experienced.

Nobody should be paying nearly $100G for a supposedly-luxury Model S that actually sounds more like a Model T.

Here's to a speedy resolution ahead!!
Excellent advice, regarding “escalate my issue”, followed your instructions twice but after manage there is a support input box, where you describe, but there is no more subject header like escalate ....one’s concerns. Just an input box; Oh well- during my chat I requested that a manager call me from my chosen sc.and made another ( 3rd)for 3 weeks from now- we will see......what is poor, is the inability to speak to a person on the phone, even while your car is in the shop.