Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rattle noise

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Could it be your Aero Shield panel? I heard a flapping thumping sound from underneath the car. I didn’t know about the shield sections until I evidently ran over a curb and shredded a section. Tesla service charged me $200 for the repair that I thought should be under warranty. Yesterday I hit a pothole that shredded TWO tires, maybe damaged the rims. I purchased this M3 in June 2019. I think it may be ji Ed.

Anyone have a rattle noise from center console while driving?
Can you record or describe the noise better?

I had a noise that I thought was coming from the center console (it was pretty quiet, but I heard it when turning). Then one day I was in a parking garage with the window down and I heard it VERY loudly outside the car. Still haven't identified it. Couldn't make the damn thing reproduce for the Tesla tech (and had to wait almost 1m for my last appointment! ).

Could it be your Aero Shield panel? I heard a flapping thumping sound from underneath the car. I didn’t know about the shield sections until I evidently ran over a curb and shredded a section. Tesla service charged me $200 for the repair that I thought should be under warranty. Yesterday I hit a pothole that shredded TWO tires, maybe damaged the rims. I purchased this M3 in June 2019. I think it may be ji Ed.
I don't understand. You admit to causing accidental damage and you think that should be warranted? Am I missing something?