Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rattle on bumpy roads when A/C is on but when fan is in no rattle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,
I bought my Tesla M3 few months back and since then I hear rattles when driving over bumpy or rough roads coming from the dashboard. The rattle happens ONLY when the A/C is on. If the fan is ON no rattle, if the heater is ON no rattle, the minute I hit the A/C button the rattle starts. When I stop on a traffic light no rattle even with A/C being ON. Did anybody experience this behavior?

I've given up on getting rattles fixed. My local Service Center gaslights you into thinking it is normal and that nothing is wrong. It's a losing battle trying to argue with them. They also claim that even if they verify the rattle, it isn't covered under warranty. After taking it in several times, I've finally given up.

Upvote 0
Having the same issue with my M3LR (2022), have had it 2+ months now and with the AC on (it's always on in Florida) at speeds over 70 I get a rattling sound that appears to come from the dash on the passenger side - basically highway driving. Took it in to the service center the tech does a ride with me on street roads, I had to remind him 4x that I said it happens on the higher speeds, eventually we get on the highway he claims he hears it. I go home, told to come back and pick up the car as it's fixed and what do I hear when I get on the highway - the noise again. It's driving me nuts, not used to cabin noise coming from my previous cars and Tesla just blows you off when you raise this issue.

Upvote 0