Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rattle - passenger, rear seatbelt. Lower.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SabrToothSqrl

Dec 5, 2014
PA
So I took the car in for a rattle. I fully admit that I am OCD about these things.
The service center could not hear it however they did add some foam rubber pieces
So at least they are trying. However with the service center over 90 miles from me I think I'm going to have to fix this one.

I am able to remove the very top piece of trim work. And then there is a plastic retainer which holds the seatbelt
I plan to take more of it apart tomorrow but I was hoping someone here might have a instruction manual

When I removed the trim pieces that they put the rubber on it is still making the same exact noise

I have my wife drive while I rode in the backseat to identify its location. It sounds like it is coming from near the seatbelt retractor mechanism
Which is located much lower in the trimwork... For such a nice car when you start pulling trim panels you can see they didn't exactly spend the hundred thousand on interior parts...

I'm sure when I get down into the meat of it a simple piece of weatherstripping will resolve it... But for now it gives me an irrational hatred of the car...

Have you been able to stop the noise at least temporarily by moving, holding twisting, etc. anything? I ask because I have the same noise and it is NOT the seatbelt. It definitely sounds like it is coming from the retractor, but I have removed the seatbelt retractor and had a person hold things and the noise persists. My car has been in the shop for 3 days and the SC can hear the noise, but they can't find it. I am of the opinion that it is in the wheel well or shock tower, not actually inside the car. The SC has removed literally everything from that side of the car and it doesn't help.

My driver's belt taps against my seat at the bottom. I thought it was a rattle at first. I finally figured out that if the belt is not pulled tight, the base mount taps against the hard plastic of the seat bottom frame. Quite annoying. I am equally as anal. Does it do it when the pass seat is unoccupied or only when occupied? If only when occupied, that might be the cause. I am going to attach a small piece of felt.

My driver's belt taps against my seat at the bottom. I thought it was a rattle at first. I finally figured out that if the belt is not pulled tight, the base mount taps against the hard plastic of the seat bottom frame. Quite annoying. I am equally as anal. Does it do it when the pass seat is unoccupied or only when occupied? If only when occupied, that might be the cause. I am going to attach a small piece of felt.

both.

Im also starting to think it might be a shock!